How to find competitive keywords for your website ?
Keyword research is the key element for success of any SEO campaign.The searching and implementation is the baseline on which the soundness and efficiency of entire online marketing strategy depend.So while you are deeply engaged in the search of the most suitable and competitive keywords who can really work great, you need to figure out your competitors’ keywords strategy and their competitive ranking on SERPs.
While you are not familiar with the professional and premium search engine optimization tools for competitive keyword research and analysis, how can you deal with this kind of situation and find this crucial information.The main aim behind this article is to provide you an information and understanding about some tools that will help you to figure out the keywords used by your competitors and also help you to analyze that which of them can help you to attract more traffic to your site.Furthermore, they are very supportive to you in developing an effective SEO strategy.
10 competitive keyword research tools for your website:
- Open Site Explorer: This keyword research online tool is a part of the vast SEO support chain that is offered by SEOmoz providers.You can access Open Site Explorer (http://www.opensiteexplorer.org/ ) easily by login to SEOmoz.This keyword research tool is ideal for finding the competitor’s keywords idea.What you need to do here is just type the URL of your competitors and open the Anchor text distribution tab.Now, you are enable to find maximum 20 keywords used by the competitor’s.It will simply inform you about the soundness of their keywords strategy as well as their link building campaign, the number of root domains and links using their domain text.
- Google Adword Keyword Tool: Yes, everyone knows about it.Just visit to https://adwords.google.com/KeywordPlanner ,type the projected keyword and get ready for the detailed idea of relevant competitive keywords.But, if you enter the domain, you will see some difference for sure. You need to go to columns and check the specific column “extracted from the webpage”. You can see that it is focusing the particular pages from the domain not the domain homepage.While there is not any domain.com or any other same kind of information, you will not get any suggestion about the homepage’s keyword.But Adword will recognize the important keywords from some other equally significant webpage from the site for you.
- SEMRush: With SAMRush (http://www.semrush.com/ ) you can easily enter in a domain and can see the top ten keywords for whom the website is getting ranked. This will give the detailed information about organic keywords, their comparative position in search results, the traffic percentage attracted by them and many other relative information that can help to frame your keyword strategy if you use this CPC for your website.Not only this, the tool also tells about which URL of the site is getting higher ranks.
- Alexa: Along with providing your traffic score,Alexa (http://www.alexa.com/ ) offers you and opportunity to watch keywords queries that are successfully driving high traffic to a particular URL.For all this, you have to go to the site info tab of the site and enter the URL of your targeted competitor.Once you get the details,next you have to go to the Search Analytics Tab, it will show you the list of the queries that are driving the remarkable traffic to the URL.It is also a good way to get knowledge about the online position of keywords, i.e.,which keywords are on the rise or decline.
- Social Mention : This tool simply monitors the mentions that focuses on the various stuffs like videos, blogs and social media notifications.Just log in to the site http://socialmention.com/,type he search term (keyword or company name), it will show you all the mentions about that term,either within the blogs or on social platform.It will also tell you that how many times and how often it has been mentioned. The tool is ideal for
- Monitor and track the keyword mentions.
- Observe the company mentions
- Cross checks that what is being said on a keyword at different social platforms.
- Monitor Backinks(https://monitorbacklinks.com/ ):This is a cool tool that:
- Directly mails the competitor’s backlinks to your inbox.
- Helps you analyze that what are the highest and lowest domains for the links for your competitors.
- A provider of a fair picture about the dofollowers and the nofollowers.
- Comparing your results with your competitors
- Help you determine the strategy for your campaign.
- Spyfu (http://www.spyfu.com/):This tool is used for its keyword and ad monitoring features.With it you can get the information about the targeted keyword by your competitor,both in organic search and AdWords.You can easily download the list of these keywords by just typing the name of your competitors and compare with your keywords strategy.
- SimilarWeb (http://www.similarweb.com/ ):A very helpful tool that allows you to find the different web rankings.It is a good way to find the inside story of the traffic generation by any website.You will get information about global, national and category wise ranks of a specific website along with the weekly graphical presentation for the last six months.Isn’t it nice to watch that how many leads are coming from social, search, referrals and display ads.More that this it also suggests you that which of your competitors need to be watched and observed.
- Ahrefs (https://ahrefs.com/ ):A very popular tool for backlinks, it smartly shows you many things like top pages, IPs and the external links of your targeted competitors.The site is highly reputed for its remarkable customer service and fulfilling their requirements.
- iSpionage (http://www.ispionage.com/ ):An other keywords monitoring tool that allows you to watch out for what is your competitors’ keywords strategy and their best performing keywords for organic and PPC.It also helps you to figure out that how much they are spending on their organic and paid searches.Here you get the graphical study for all the related topics.
Above were the some competitive keyword research tools,if used in a right way,you will get the assured success for finding best keywords for your website .If you have any query related to this article please share with us in comment section