Do you want to find out your or competitor’s backlink sources? or, are you in search for the best free backlink checker tools? If the answers to these questions are yes then this post is for you.
The quality backlinks can assist you in several things. It can boost your search rankings, speed up indexing, and provide referral traffic from some other websites, etc.
If you are not creating high-quality backlinks towards your website, certainly, you will not rank it in the Google search results. Make sure you always focus on your website’s backlink profile.
Occasionally, you may wish to find your competitors’ backlinks too. It aids you in finding out the relevant opportunities to create quality and applicable links towards your website.
The question now arises how to keep track on your competitors as well as your website backlinks? At this point, the backlink finder tools prove to be useful.
There are various features of these tools that help you to check the backlinks for any particular website. Let’s read the detail of each of the topmost backlink checker tools:
10 Best Backlink Checker Tools to Use [Free & Paid]
The present post will cover
- Top 5 powerful backlink checker tools
- Top 5 free backlink checker tools
- Some important link building tactics
- FAQs related to the backlink finder tools
Top 5 Powerful Backlink Checker Tools
The following is a list comprising of 5 of the greatest powerful backlink checker tools that are being utilized by around millions of people all over the world. These all the 5 tools are premium tools. Moreover, majority of them also provide free trials.
1. Semrush Backlink analytics tool
If you are in lookout for one of the most popular SEO backlink checkers then you can consider Semrush. The Semrush Backlink analytics tool is certainly the greatest powerful backlink checker tool. It is helpful for inspecting any website backlinks.
For your information, Semrush crawls more than 17,280,000,000 URLs each day. It also possesses a massive backlink database comprising of more than 41,263,000,000,000 total backlinks.
Through the Semrush Backlink analytics tool, it is quite simple to discover the new as well as lost backlinks of any website. Also, you can find out the new opportunities for building backlinks.
Here are its extraordinary features:
Features of the Semrush Backlink Analytics tool:
- You can effortlessly filter the backlinks: nofollow, dofollow, sponsored links, etc.
- Allows finding the inbound links and linking domains, URLs, subdomains, etc of any website
- Allows finding the domain’s authority to find out the trust level of the referring domains
- The capability to recognize backlink types like whether it is form or image or text or frame
- You will be notified whenever backlinks are deleted
How to use Semrush backlink checker tool?
Now the question arises how to use the semrush tool. The following section works as an easy tutorial that guides on how anyone can use the Semrush backlink analytics tool.
After you have setup the Semrush Backlink Analytics tool, you need to enter any domain which you wish to find backlinks.
Now click on the ‘Check it’ button. So, it will immediately provide an overview of their backlink profile.
As seen, the Semrush backlink Analytics tool presents an overview of:
- Authority score of the domain (that displays the number of quality links a particular domain owns. The more the authority score, the better)
- Total referring domains (that informs you the total number of the referring domains that own a minimum one link pointing towards an analyzed domain)
- Backlinks (displays you the total number of backlinks that leads to an analyzed domain)
To find particular backlink data, you can visit the individual tabs. The data also includes:
- Referring domains
- Referring IPs
- Indexed pages
- Competitors of your analyzed domain
For obtaining the backlink data, you just need to click on the “Backlinks” tab. By doing this you can find out a list of every backlinks owned by your analyzed domain.
As visible, NeilPatel.com possesses more than 11 million backlinks. Moreover, you can easily filter out the results based on nofollow only, dofollow only, and sponsored links, etc.
Also, you can tick on the “New” box for finding out a list of newly discovered backlinks related analyzed domain. Furthermore, it displays you a list of every backlinks as well as their sources.
This is how you can utilize Semrush Backlink Analytics tool for spying on your competitors’ links and it also keeps track on their backlink sources.
How much does it cost?
Semrush presently offers 3 pricing packages as mentioned below:
- Pro plan comes at a price of $119.95/month
- Guru plan comes at a price of $229.95/month
- Business plan comes at a price of $449.95/month
If you want more details, you can go through our post related to the Semrush pricing plans. It discusses these plans with their features.
For saving more money on the different Semrush pricing plans, it is better to go with their yearly billing cycle. This is because you receive a 16% instant discount. Details of these pricing plans along with the yearly plans are as below:
- Pro Account costs for 12 months: $99.95/month
- Guru Account costs for 12 months: $191.62/ month
- Business Account costs for 12 months: $374.95/ month
The question now arises -Does it offer a free trial? Well, yes, Semrush provides free trials to the users.
Click on this link to receive a free trial of the Semrush Pro account for 30 days (worth $119.95):
Click on this link to receive a free trial of the Semrush Guru account for 14 days (worth $229.95):
Click on this link to receive a free trial of Semrush for 30 days:
Does Semrush Offer Free Trial?
Yes, Semrush offers 14 days and 30 days free trial.
Suggested Semrush articles:
2. SERPSTAT Backlink Analysis
Presently, Serpstat owns has backlinks data from more than 1.2 billion domains all over the world. Undoubtedly, the Serpstat Backlink Analysis tool is known to be one among the top-notch SEO toolkits which is being used by 530,000+ people globally. It is one of the most popular SEO backlink checkers with tons of features.
Features list of the Serpstat Backlink Analysis tool:
- Receive full backlinks data that is amassed over the past 2 years
- Gain access to the quality scores of referring domains
- Explore pages that entice the most backlinks
- Easily inspect backlinks as well as anchor list of your topmost competitors
- Discover internal links, referring domains, linked domains, etc. of any website
How to use Serpstat backlink checker tool?
The following section highlights an easy tutorial on the proper process to use the Serpstat backlink analysis tool.
After you have setup the Serpstat Backlink Analysis tool, you need to enter any domain to find out its backlink’s profile.
Once you have entered a domain, it quickly displays you an overview of their backlinks as well as the below data:
- Serpstat Domain rank (it works as an indicator of domain authority with results showing on a scale from 0 to 100)
- Referring domains (displays you the number of domains that includes the subdomains of the blog platforms like WordPress, Blogspot, etc that directly refers to the analyzed domain)
- Backlinks (provides you an approximated number of backlinks that are referring to the analyzed domain)
- Follow as well as nofollow links with the percentage
You can just click over the Backlinks for finding out a list of every backlink belonging to your analyzed domain.
Moreover, you can effortlessly discover all the backlinks accompanied by their sources. It is also possible to find out the type of links i.e. nofollow or dofollow.
How much does Serpstat cost?
Serpstat provides you the following 4 pricing packages:
- Lite Plan comes at a price of $51.75/month (after receiving 25% discount, it typically charges you $69/month. You can use our exclusive promo code: here)
- Standard Plan comes at a price of $111.75/month (after receiving 25% discount, it typically costs you $149/month. You can use our exclusive promo code: here)
- Advanced Plan comes at a price of $224.25/month (after receiving 25% discount, it costmozs you $299/month. You can utilize our exclusive promo code: here)
- Enterprise Plan comes at a price of $374.25/month (after receiving 25% discount, it costs you $499/month. You can use our exclusive promo code: here)
You can go through our Serpstat coupon code post for finding out how to use the Serpstat’s promo code for obtaining the maximum savings over their pricing plans.
Does it offer a free trial?
Yes, Serpstat provide a 7-day free trial that you can receive from this link:
3. Ahrefs Backlink Analyzer tool
Another tool recognized as one of the popular SEO backlink checkers is Ahrefs Backlink Analyzer tool. It is known that Ahrefs claims to be the second greatest active web crawler; the first one is Google. Currently, Ahrefs has more than 25.01 trillion backlinks collected from 170 exceptional million domains within their databases. Moreover, Ahrefs crawls more than 6.56 billion pages each day.
Features list of Ahrefs Backlink Analyzer tool:
- Find out the overall number of referring domains of a particular website
- Explore the total number of backlinks of a particular domain
- Find out key backlink metrics like Domain Rating (DR) as well as URL Rating (UR) to find out the quality of the links
- Find new andlost backlinks
- Find out backlinks based on link type (nofollow and dofollow)
- Look at a list of anchor phrases that points at the target website
- Discover whether a target site possesses broken links pointing to it
How to use Ahrefs backlink checker tool?
The present section shows a tutorial on ways to use the Ahrefs backlink analyzer tool.
You can go through the Site Explorer tool from Ahrefs. You need to enter your domain or that of your competitor for finding out its backlink profile.
Ahrefs displays a massive backlink data in which you can find out:
- Ahrefs Rank
- UR (URL Rating) that displays the power of a page’s link profile on scale from 1 to 100
- DR (Domain Rating) that displays the power of total backlink profile of a target website
- Referring domains
- Total number of backlinks
Apart from that, you can find out the backlinks in different ways like:
- Recently lost backlinks
- Newly acquired links
- Broken links
If you wish to find out the sources of all the backlinks of a specific domain, click on the Backlinks.
You can use the filters to obtain accurate backlink data that includes:
- One link per domain
- Dofollow/nofollow type
- Traffic range
- Language and so on
How much does Ahrefs cost?
Currently, Ahrefs provides 4 pricing plans as below:
- Lite plan charges you $99/month and it is best for beginners
- The standard plan charges you $179/month; it is suitable for bloggers
- Advanced plan charges you $399/month; it is best for SEOs
- Agency plan charges you $999/month; it is best for agencies
Does Ahrefs offer a free trial?
Ahrefs does not provide free trials. The benefit is it this tool provides a free version which can be used to find out backlinks of a particular site. If you wish to look at how their backlink checker tool functions, try out their free tool.
4. Moz Link Explorer
Moz Link Explorer is known to be one of the popular SEO backlink checkers. It possesses a large live backlink index comprising of more than 40.7 trillion links collected from more than 718 million domains.
Features list of Moz Link Explorer:
- Easily find out the backlinks of any website
- Extensively research your competitor links for finding out their backlink sources
- Find out broken links on your website
- Check out the Spam Score of backlinks
- Supervise new as well as lost links of any site
- Gain access to major metrics like Page Authority (PA), Domain Authority (DA), Spam Score, and more
How to use Moz backlink checker tool?
After you have setup the Moz Link Research tool, you need to enter a domain to easily find out its backlinks.
You will see a wide range of backlink data that includes:
- Domain authority (that displays the root domain’s ranking power in respect to the domains in the Moz index)
- Linking domains
- Inbound links (that displays the number of unique pages connecting to a target)
- Recently discovered links as well as lost backlinks
- Find out Link Research and Link metrics
On their Link Research Overview, you can find out different backlink metrics of your inspected domain that includes.
- Linking domains
- Inbound links
- Top pages (with greatest number of links)
- Anchor text of each backlink
- Compare link profiles
- Discover and lost links
- Spam score of the links
You can find out other link metrics like:
- Anchor text
- Linking domains
- DA (Domain Authority)
- PA (Page Authority that predicts potential of a page’s ranking inside the search engines depending on an algorithm of link metrics)
- Spam score (that displays you the % of websites with identical features Moz has known to be penalized from Google)
How much does Moz cost?
Moz comes with the below 4 pricing plans;
- The standard plan charges you $9/month. It is excellent for people who are just new to SEO
- Medium plan charges you $149/month. It provides you multiple limits as well as full access to the keyword research tools
- Large plan charges you $249/month; more suitable for agencies and businesses
- Premium charges you $599/month; best for large SEO agencies as well as in-house marketing teams
Does Moz offer a free trial?
Yes, Moz provides a free trial for 30 days. Click this link to get it
5. Majestic SEO Backlink Checker
Majestic is well-known as one of the greatest popular SEO backlink checkers and link building toolkits. It assists you in finding out the top backlinks of a website. Moreover, you can conveniently find website backlinks opportunities irrespective of your industry.
Majestic also possesses one of the largest link history indexes that has already crawled more than 2,557,578,195,115 unique URLs till now. Through their large backlink database, it is easy to recognize the full backlink profile of any website.
Features list of Majestic SEO Backlink Checker:
- Find out the backlink opportunities of your competitors
- Discover mutual links amongst any two websites
- Provides you access to an exceptional feature namely “Trust Flow” (TF) that shows the quality of links which directly point to websites and URLs
- The potential to upload up to 1 million websites simultaneously to obtain major backlink metrics of any site
- Provides free SEO browser plugins that displays the backlink data of any website
How to use Majestic backlink checker tool?
This section shows a tutorial on Majestic SEO backlink checker tool.
After you are on the Majestic Backlink checker tool, you just need to enter a domain to find out its backlinks.
This tool provides you lots of useful backlink data like:
- Backlink summary of the examined domain
- Contemporary trust flow (shows the quality of links which directs to the analyzed URL)
- Total number of external backlinks that points to the site
- New and lost backlinks
- Referring domains
- Referring IPS
How much does Majestic cost?
Majestic SEO tool provides you 4 pricing packages as below:
- Lite plan comes at a price of $49.99/month ($41.67/month when billed yearly)
- Pro plan comes at a price of $99.99/month ($83.33/month when billed yearly)
- API plan comes at a price of $399.99/month ($333.33/month when billed yearly)
Does Majestic offer a free trial?
No, this tool does not provide any free trials. However, you can try out their Backlink checker available for free.
5 Best FREE Backlink Checker Tools
Are you in search for the best free backlink checker tools online? The below section shows a list of 5 of the wonderful free backlink checker tools in 2024:
1. Ubersuggest Free Backlink Checker Tool
Ubersuggest is managed by the SEO expert -Neil Patel. It provides a free backlink checker tool to inspect backlinks of any website.
- Tracks your website backlinks
- Easily recognize link building opportunities to create quality links for your site
- Explore your competitor top-performing pages as well as their backlinks
- Recognize the new along with lost links of any website
- Gain access to up to 3 years of backlink history of a website
How to use Ubersuggest backlink checker tool?
This tutorial guides on how to use the Ubersuggest backlink checker tool.
After you are on Ubersuggest’s Backlink checker tool, you need to enter a domain to discover its backlinks.
This tool quickly represents you a list of backlink metrics like:
- Total number of backlinks
- Referring domains
- Domain Authority (also known as DA and this metric is collected from Moz. The higher the DA, there are higher possibilities to rank in the search engines)
You can find out lots of practical backlink data like:
- Page authority
- Domain authority
- First seen date of the links
- Anchor text of the backlinks
- Backlink sources of the analyzed domain
To rapidly inspect the backlink profile of any website, you can sort the backlinks with the help of filters like nofollow and dofollow.
How much does Ubersuggest cost?
Ubersuggest comes with a free version that can be accessed with your Google account. If you want to receive access to multiple features and limits, go for their premium version.
You can even obtain easy access to the Ubersuggest tool for period of a lifetime through the below 3 pricing packages.
- Individual plan that charges you $120 (for a lifetime); best for people who manage 1 to 3 websites
- Business l plan that charges you $200 (for a lifetime); best for people who manage 4 to 7 websites
- Enterprise l plan that charges you $400 (for a lifetime); best for people who manage 8+ websites
Each of their premium pricing provide money-back guarantee for 30 days.
2. Rankwatch Free Backlink Checker Tool:
If you are in search for a free backlink checker for recognizing the backlink profile of a wbeiste or domain, the RankWatch is an excellent tool. Also, it assists you with the backlink trust score allowing you to recognize the quality links of a particular domain.
- Discover the total number of backlinks of a website (lost and active backlinks)
- Gain access to the overall Trust and Citation Score
- Gain access to the backlink acquisition trend
- Find out the overall number of referring domains pointing to your website
- Obtain detailed backlink of a particular site including anchor text and supported link types are dofollow, nofollow, etc.
How to use RankWatch backlink checker tool?
The following tutorial shows how to easily use the RankWatch backlink checker tool.
You just have to enter an URL or domain that you want to carry out backlink analysis.
This tool also shows all the number of backlinks your examined domain has. It includes active s well as deleted backlinks.
You can find out all the other key link metrics like:
- Anchor text of links
- Referring domains
- Trust score (displays the quality along with volume of the links that lead to your site)
- Citation score (displays how powerful the URL may be depending on how many sites connect to it)
You can rapidly find out the sources of every link in addition to anchor text, trust score, link type (nofollow or dofollow), etc.
How much does RankWatch cost?
Rank Watch backlink checker is free for use. However, if you want extra limits and features, try out their 3 premium pricing plans as mentioned below:
- Medium plan charges you $26/month (billed yearly). It lets you monitor up to 145,000 backlinks
- Large plan charges you $84/month (billed yearly). It lets you monitor up to 495,000 backlinks
- Extra Large plan charges you $382/month (billed yearly). It enables you to monitor up to 2,245,000 backlinks
Click this link to use RankWatch for 14 days for free:
3. Rank Signal Free Link Tracking Tool
Do you want a FREE backlink checker tool? If yes then you must try the Rank Signals backlinks checker tool. It is free to use.
It provides you with all major metrics like Traffic Rank, Domain Rank, external links, internal links, and more.
- Easily find out dofollow as well as nofollow links of a particular site
- Recognize your competitors best links
- Find out toxic or spammy links of a website
- Find out deleted and broken links of a website
How to use Rank Signals backlink checker tool?
The following tutorial shows how anyone can use the Rank Signals Link Tracking tool.
In this tool, you can enter your preferred domain for checking its backlinks. Moreover, you can click on ‘Check Backlinks’ button to continue.
You will quickly receive important backlink metrics for the examined domain that includes:
- Unique domain links
- Page rank of the analyzed domain
- Anchor text of the URL
- Title and URL of the referring page
- Total number of external and internal links
How much does Rank Signals Tool cost?
Rank Signals is known to be 100% free Backlinks Checker tool. There is no limit to the number of results. Also, there is no premium version accessible for this tool. Hence, you can use the tool for free.
4. SEO Review Tools Free Backlink Checker
If you wish to find out the backlinks and also analyze traffic for any website at free of cost, the SEO Review Tools is known as a free backlink checker. What is the best part? It is fully free to use and also you can make a free account through your email.
- Find out backlinks of any website and also get their anchor text
- Discover total number of external links and also find out referring domains
- The option to find out the traffic statistics for the particular backlink
- Discover the famous pages that obtained the greatest backlinks of any website
- Find out broken links
- Find out new backlinks obtained by any website
How to use this backlink checker tool?
The following tutorial discusses how to use the SEO Review Tools backlink checker.
When you open this backlink checker tool, you can enter URL of the website which you want to find out backlinks for. Also, you can click on the ‘Perform Check’ button to continue.
Subsequently, it will quickly display you every backlink data of the examined website.
You can see all backlinks, their sources, and also find data like:
- Type of the link (nofollow or dofollow)
- Landing page of the link
- Anchor text of the link
- Most famous anchor text (that produced maximum number of links for the examined domain)
- Most famous URLs (that obtained the maximum number of links)
How much does it cost?
It is completely free to use. If you want, you can register a free account through your email address. As a result, you can obtain more backlink data.
5. Backlink Watch Free Backlink Tracker Tool
Are you in lookout for a free backlink checker tool for discovering a list of all the backlinks a domain possess? If yes then you must try out the Backlink Watch which is a free backlink tracker tool. Also, you will obtain the pagerank, anchor text, total outbound links, etc. for your examined domain for free.
- Explore the backlinks of any site for free
- Recognize the “anchor” text that is used for the backlinks of a particular domain
- Find all the external links having the nofollow tag
- Find out Pagerank of backlinks
How to use this backlink checker tool?
The present tutorial is all about how to properly use the Backlink Watch backlink tracker tool.
You need to enter the URL of your site to obtain full details regarding the backlinks that point to your website.
It begins producing a list of all backlink sources.
Also, you can export all the backlink profile results of your website.
How much does it cost?
Backlink Watch backlink checker tool is completely free to use. You need not perform signup. Simply enter the particular URL and it begins showing you the complete backlinks.
Why backlinks are important?
The backlinks are any links which either points to your web pages or go out from websites.
Actually, SEO is the key to success of any website. It can lead to success or failure of a profitable website.
In case you are starting a blog or already started a blog, you have to optimize your blog posts especially for the search engines.
But if you do not use the SEO on your site, irrespective of the number of posts you write, you would not obtain enough traffic from Google.
Hence, you have to make sure you optimize your posts prior you hit the ‘Publish’ button.
Google relies on different search engine ranking factors for ranking various websites as well as web pages.
There are 200 varied search ranking factors which Google takes into account. One of them is the backlinks.
When you provide topmost priority to create high-quality backlinks for your websites, certainly, your SEO efforts would be productive.
You can keep an eye on any successful blog relevant to your niche. All of them have quality backlinks that point to their web pages.
This is the cause why they rank high for nearly all keyword related to their niche. Henceforth, you have to do it if you target for topmost search results on the Google.
For that, you have to target for creating quality backlinks rather than quantity.
Make sure you optimize your SEO efforts by emphasizing on creating quality external backlinks. Also, make sure not to use the black hat SEO strategies.
Top 3 Ways to Build Quality Backlinks to Your Website
Even though you create thousands of backlinks from the poor sites, without having the quality backlinks, you would not obtain better SERP rankings for the keywords you target.
Now the question arise how to receive quality backlinks for your sites in 2024?
1. Guest blogging
The only approach to enhance your SEO for your sites is to get the links from the topmost blogs. Also, you can use the guest posting strategy.
You need to go through the leading blogs prevalent in your niche. Also, you have to find out what their readers want. Next, you have to write the guest posts based on their needs.
Moreover, you will observe a significant change when it comes to your SERP rankings after the top blogs connect to your sites.
Guest blogging still stays one of the superb approaches to build backlinks. Now the majority of the people are familiar with the fact that guest blogging that connects to false sites can fine their sites inside the search results.
Hence, the majority of the bloggers are now prudently choosing guest posts to post on their websites.
It is useful if you want to receive quality backlinks by writing the quality guest posts. You just have to discover the finest blogs which still accept guest posts.
Also, you have to research the finest topics for them as well as pitch better guest posts for receiving links from them.
2. Blogger outreach
Are you not interested in guest blogging? If yes then there is a smart approach to build quality backlinks without performing guest blogging. You have to write in-depth blog posts on your website.
Next, you need to link to the related posts belonging from other blogs in the niche you are in.
It does not assure you the reception of backlinks. But if you can convince them that your posts will be beneficial to their users then they will certainly like linking to your websites.
Everybody wants to provide their blog readers the quality content. Hence, emphasize on writing quality content for your blogs. Next, you have to begin linking to others.
3. Creating infographics
Creation of infographics is the recent trend. The majority of the people are currently linking to quality infographics.
Hence, you need to have a trending topic, invest money on making visually attractive infographics.
Now try promoting it to reach out more people. Hence, your odds of receiving links from others to the infographics you post will raise quickly.
FAQs| Backlink Checker Tools 2024
1. What are backlinks in SEO?
A backlink is basically a link prepared whenever a website links to another. They are the links on other websites or blogs which follow on your blog posts or main blog URL.
2. Is link building still relevant to SEO?
Yes, backlinks assist in improving rankings of your site and boost the total authority of your blog. The backlinks are one of the key ranking factors in the SEO.
3. How do I build backlinks to my site?
Broken link building, guest blogging, blog commenting, Quora, roundups, SkyScraper method, Infographics, blogger outreach, and testimonial are few of the finest approaches to build backlinks.
4. What are the best free backlink checker tools?
Backlink Watch Free Backlink Tracker Tool, Rank Signals Free Link Tracking Tool, Ahrefs Backlink Analyzer Tool, and Ubersuggest are few of the superb free backlink checker tools.
5. What are the dofollow and nofollow backlinks?
Dofollow links are vital for your blog since they pass the link juice towards the website that is linked. The nofollow links contain an nofollow attribute which makes sure the search engine bots stay aware not to follow the links.
6. What are toxic backlinks?
Toxic backlinks are the risky links which may influence the search rankings of your website. It is possible that such harmful links make your site penalized by Google.
7. Is there any tool paid or free to find spammy or toxic backlinks of a website?
Ahrefs and Semrush are the most famous SEO tools for finding out toxic or spammy backlinks of a website.
Final Thoughts On the Best Backlink Checker Tools for 2024
Backlinks are one of the topmost ranking factors in the Google’s search ranking algorithm. Therefore, it is important for all SEOs, bloggers, and website owners to focus on their backlink profile or that of their competitors.
The process of creating and dealing with backlinks is a slow task. This is where the backlink checker tools are useful.
All you have to do is choose the best backlink checker tools.