Have you made up your mind to go online to mark your presence? Are you thinking of starting your blog but are not being able to choose the best blogging platform? Well, here an attempt is made to go deeper and explore the questions that pop up in your mind, effectively.
The first question to ponder upon is –
- 1 What is a blog? What is its purpose?
- 2 Factors for Deciding a Best Blogging Platform
- 3 3 Major Best Blogging Platforms For Beginners
What is a blog? What is its purpose?
Well, a blog is nothing but a conversational and informal type of web page, regularly updated by an individual and in this case, the posts appear in the reverse chronological order.
Blogging can be about anything starting from sports activities, daily activities to love stories and cooking. To be precise, it can be said that blogging is a great way of interacting with the world at a personal level.
Blogging is much more than just adding flashy images or posting some viral content or videos. It is all about writing and sharing of experience or knowledge. But, as a novice, you have to first find an appropriate blogging platform. Below are enlisted some of the most important factors that need to be considered for taking this crucial decision.
Factors for Deciding a Best Blogging Platform
- Ease of Use – Not everyone is a born coder or an IT expert. For a normal person, the lesser the technical interaction involved the more they prefer. As an individual, one will opt for a platform that calls for less technical knowledge but rather goes for a drag and drop type.
- Involvement of Investments – As a beginner, you will prefer a free platform. But it will be a wise decision to go for a self-hosted platform if you can afford that. Though it will cost you a few bucks but you will get ample space to extend your blog and even customize it according to the needs.
- Monetary Gains – Undoubtedly, you want some earnings from a blog. There are some free platforms that do not allow to promote ads. But the paid ones have the options of having full control over the blog. This gives you the privilege to do whatever you want to.
- Flexible to Extensions – There is a high chance that sometime in the future, you may want to expand your blog. So if you go for a complex platform it will prohibit you from expanding. Choose a platform that has room for expansion and is flexible.
- Online Support – This is the main part. You don’t want to spend your hard earned money to the developers for any single change that you want. The more customer support or web discussion forums that are available for the platform the easier it gets to use the platform.
Here are some of the major blogging platforms for beginners. You just have to compare the websites and choose accordingly.
3 Major Best Blogging Platforms For Beginners
It is the most popular, robust, vibrant and easy-to-use blogging platform that the internet has found. It’s a free open source software. More than 27% of the total websites on the internet are powered by WordPress. There is no hosting plan with the software download. You are supposed to purchase the web space for hosting your website and you need to buy the domain name as well.
Pros of WordPress.org:
- WordPress offers you control over every aspect of your website.
- There is a host of premium and free themes available for WordPress. This way you can create a great website that stands apart from the crowd.
- You can grow your blog as well as extra features like online stores, forums and membership options to it.
- This is also searching engine-friendly.
- You get access to more than 45,000 plugins. These WordPress plugins are like apps for your WordPress blog. With the help of this, you can add all kinds of new features to your blog.
Cons of WordPress.org:
- There is a learning curve for managing your website.
- You will have to manage your own security and backups.
It can be easily said to be the sister of WordPress. Org. This one is completely hosted. For this, you don’t need to download any software or purchase any additional web space. WordPress.com does everything for you. So all you have to do is the just signup for an account at WordPress.com and choose a theme from the list of available themes and get started with your blog.
Pros of WordPress.com:
- No setup required.
- Easy to use and manage
Cons of WordPress.com:
- You cannot run advertisements on your blogs.
- There are limited options to extend your blogs.
It is a free blog hosting service and has been acquired by Google in 2003. It offers an easy and quick way for creating a blog for the non-savvy users.
Pros of Blogger:
- It’s easy to manage and use without any technical skills.
- Blogger is free.
- Has the added advantage of Google’s sturdy security platform and dependability.
Cons of Blogger:
- Design options are limited with fewer templates available. Third-party templates are often quite low quality for Blogger.
- You are limited to basic blogging tools and can’t add new features as your blog grows in popularity.
- Google can suspend your blog at any time or even cancel the Blogger service altogether. In fact, they have a history of abandoning projects altogether.
The above are just some of the best blogging platforms that you may use for publishing your blog and earning money. There are several other such platforms available today. For taking full advantage of such platforms you have to have proper knowledge and expertise in dealing with the same. For this reason, it is recommended to hire a proficient offshore WordPress development company who will be able to provide you with interesting and effective blogs and at the same time manage them in a way that you can manage maximum income from your blogging platform.