If you want to know how to protect content from being copied or theft? Your content is your assets in any form (digital or print) and it is very important to preserve and protect your content from theft or being copied. In this digital age, anyone can steal or copy your content just by clicking the copy button. Copyrighting is the best solution because it works as the legal ownership provider for your content. When you have copyright of your work you are authorized to control your work and use it as per your choice. You may also like best free plagiarism checker online:
Table of Contents
- The main purpose of copyrighting your content or creation
- Preventive Methods For Protect Your Content
- Use Tools For Monitoring and Detecting Duplicate Content
- 4 Methods To Use Tools To Effectively Find Stolen Content
- Best 6 Tools To Check Duplicate or Copy Content
The main purpose of copyrighting your content or creation
- Protect it from being stolen by any cheater or copycat and
- Not allowing any person to make profits by the content on which you have put a hard effort to create.
Copyright is your best protection, yet it is your responsibility to ensure that it is not being infringed upon. So you have to regularly watch out your content and the way it is being used by others. Also, read top plagiarism check websites.
Today, we often hear and read about various copyrighting cases against the websites from the different media sources such as music downloading sites, movie or TV show related services or file sharing and hosting sites. Because of a rising of the viral meme, a lot of copyright issues is being visible these days.
In this article, we are going to focus text copy copyrighting. Since Google has updated the Panda guidelines, a blogger or writer has to essentially pay attention to the web for copyright violation and to protect his content.
Actually, Google has introduced these updates just with the aim of booting out the copied or duplicate content from its search results. Now it is not possible for anyone to copy your content and get a higher ranking based on such a duplicate one.
To help you and suggesting you in monitoring your content on the web and protecting from being used by others here are some ways or methods:
Preventive Methods For Protect Your Content
Following are some ways so that you can discourage the plagiarism of your content and give the message that as a creator of this content you are aware of your rights.
- First of all, get your website registered with the DMCA and mention it, especially on your website so that the potential infringers may know that they cannot copy it.
- It is always good to follow the active documenting the creative process as it is another method to establish the proof that the content in your post or the website actually belongs to you. While you manage to save the drafts of your online posting of content, in the case of need, it will help you to prove that it is the original piece of content created by you.
Use Tools For Monitoring and Detecting Duplicate Content
Copyright laws are pretty tangled and complicated, so if you want to save your time and efforts required in any lawsuit for violation of the copyright of your content, you need to regularly detect the copyright infringements and pre-emptively against the offenders. A blogger or the website owner needs to monitor all of their content to keep an eye on the copiers. Furthermore, there is a variety of tools and methods available online that can be effectively used to fight against copyright violations. Some of them are:
4 Methods To Use Tools To Effectively Find Stolen Content
- Take any unique part of your text and search it on Google Search. With the use of quotation mark, you can get the results with the closest accuracy to your wording structure. You also can set Google Alerts with each new post and you will be informed by Gmail about the search queries published on Google matching to your work.
- Launch the plagiarism to monitor your content. A great variety of tools is provided by the web technicians so that you can easily find that the content similar to yours is available elsewhere also. While the results don’t indicate you as the real author of that content or don’t properly attribute you for any sentence or piece of content, you are free to contact the plagiarist’s website and take needed measures.
- It will also help you to add your blog to the Copygator service that offers the free monitoring of your blog and will inform you if any duplication is found on the internet. It also informs the level of duplication under the labels ‘exact’ or ‘near’.
- It is also possible that you plagiarize any content unintentionally, you have just read it somewhere and used the information in your blog without meaning to or the similar manner. The PlagSpotter software works similar to Copygator but also facilitate you to scan your content using the batch search feature to see the possibility of accidentally plagiarizing. This self-check tool finds any sign of duplication in your content and rates your plagiarism percentage. This is a comparatively easy way to ensure that you are not going to face any copyright dispute or get penalized by Google with the charges of duplication.
Best 6 Tools To Check Duplicate or Copy Content
Guidelines When you find someone plagiarizing you
If you discover someone stealing your content, you have to take the serious steps to get the situation under control. Here are the guidelines to deal with the situation and quicker remedy:
- Collect an adequate amount of information that can establish you the real creator of that particular content.
- Locate the contact information about the copyright violator. If it is not accessible, contact with the webmaster. Politely inform about the content on their website which really belongs to you and copied from you without your permission. Usually, the webmaster removes the copied or stolen content just after the first complaint. Use “Whois” to find the legal name and the contact number of the website owner.
- If the webmaster is not responding properly or taking your objection seriously, you should contact the web hosting company and for this, you are suggested to use Whois service. You have to clear the situation to them and ask them to take action. They can make the copier remove the duplicate content and officially apologize you or cancel their subscription.
- If you still cannot find the justice, as the strong step, contact Google and file the copyright complaint. The administration will remove or disable the Subjected content as well as terminate the subscribers. For this, you have to study the Goggle’s guideline in a proper way and also understand its relation to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
- When everything went fruitless, you have the last option remaining- file a lawsuit against the plagiarist. But beware, this is the most time taking, expensive and stressful option.
Well, I’ve described Preventive methods for monitoring your content on the web and protecting from being used by others. Let us know if you have questions or recommendations in the comment section.