Some facts relating to Google Penguin update
Google trends to change its search algorithms consistently and on a regular basis (till today more than 600 changes have taken place). Most of them are of a minor kind, but occasionally, Google comes forward some major algorithm updates. For example, Google Penguin and Google Panda that significantly affect the search results with a long lasting impact. It is obvious for a marketer to get familiar with these changes as these directly relate to the change in rankings, organic web traffic and improving Search Engine Optimization.
Also, Read Best root apps for android
In April 2012, Google launched the Penguin update for catching the sites who probably spammed its search results. These spamming actions were the part of their black hat strategy to boost their Google ranking and involved the link buying or obtaining them through link networks which were designed to perform such tasks. As the result of the release of the new Penguin Update, the sites had to remove the bad links otherwise they were penalized for this. Many faulty sites engaged in keyword stuffing, cloaking and other actions that violate Google’s guidelines were trapped by Penguin in a very short period of its launch.
The main object behind introducing Google Penguin Update was to find out and fighting with web spams or so-called search spams.
The activities mentioned below were mainly come under the web spams which are followed by the companies to gain better rankings in SERPs:
- Link schemes
- Keyword shuffling
- Purposeful duplicate content
- Cloaking or doorway pages.
The web spam techniques and the efforts to fight them both are not the new concepts in the online marketing field. This is a hot issue of discussing much earlier than the origin of Google. Today, this leading search engine is working hard for finding the methods and their up-gradation to fight spam. Google’s efforts are approved and welcomed by a large group of white hat mentality SEOs who prefer to do the right things and can allow the spammy techniques be successful and get rewarded. Here, Google has cleared many times that its methods are targeting the spams and not for over optimization of the blog posts.
The spamming is not easily visible and recognizable thing an it involves much more effort and tactics than a usual white hat strategy has. So there was the need for a tool that could find out the spams without a headache process of deep analysis, and expertise and protect the search engine rankings to be manipulated. With the launch of Penguin Update, Google expected that the web developers will inspire to focus on creating high-quality sites with amazing content, reliable information, compelling ideas, and valuable material.
When the Google Penguin Update was launched for the very first time various ranks dropped in a very short period of time. Googe also confirmed that the launch and the updates of Penguin impacted about 3.1% queries in English and approximate 3% in German, Chinese and Arabic. In the case of Polish, where nearly 5% of the queries were needed to change as the spam was slipping through even more.
Though Google has not posted the new guidelines or the signals to the Latest Penguin Update, it is very important to know the points that you needed to be taken care to stay safe and unaffected.
Below are some common activities that you should keep a distance from them:
- Paid links: Since its origin, Google is fighting against the paid links. If you found guilty for spending money on other sites in the exchange of link back to your site, your site will be immediately removed from the search results.
- Blog networks: Google’s anti-spam administration is very harsh on blog networks and over the last couple of months, it has been taking down some big players, for example, Post Joint. If a company or a website pay these networks in the exchange of guest blogging opportunities is also treated as paying for backlinks and this practice is also not approved by the Google quality control administration.
- Over-optimized anchors: In the beginning of Online marketing, matching links to keywords were deemed as a good marketing practice, but as the time passed, it was slowly declining to insignificant and then treated as a rather bad practice. Today, if you put various occurrences of same anchor text on your website will be treated as the spammy activity. One can easily imagine the situation that each mention of Penguin is a link. No one can fool Google algorithms.
- Low quality of backlinks: The quality of backlinks also play a great role in your reputation in Google’s eye. If your site is linked with a spammy one, Google will consider your site also a spammy one. And you may be penalized for it. To remove this threat, you need to use the tools like Moz or Majestic SEO so that you may be aware of any spammy site that has been linked to you and you can get rid of it.
The main aim behind these search updates is to provide the users the best results for their typed set of words. The Google has earned a great reputation for its anti-spam management. If the search results on Google are some spammy sites, people will definitely stop using it.
If you want to stay protected from the future algorithms, the best way is to stay away from the spammy practices. Also, don’t strike in the traps of link manufacturing and over optimizing your site for keywords. Focus on creating the quality content as people will love to read them and also share with their friends on social networks. It is the comparatively better way to spread the word about your site. With your popularity, the other reputed site will link to your content and web page and you will get the organically built quality links.
The shortcut practicing of bribing the people to link you will be a fatal mistake. Still, if you are interested in speeding up the things, you can try some friendly blogger and influencer outreach. You also email the people about your new content and if they find it interesting and relevant, they will surely link to it.