Black Hat SEO practices and their influence over a site’s ranking
Business and the industry have their own SEO rules and guidelines to follow. The main aim of these rules is to make the business environment a safe, peaceful and relevant for the ensured quality of the user experience. The ranking system reflects the organized strategically effort to maintain the pace with ongoing as well as the forecasted trends in search engine optimization. To meet these challenges, the webmasters and website developers consistently work harder to suit these changing the algorithm updates.
Here is the dark side also, there are the over smart spammers who are trying their best to fool the search engines and attracting the traffic towards their site by playing the nonacceptable tricks and tactics (or by violating the rules and guidelines indirect means). It is very important to understand that what are the SEO practices which are regarded the black hat ones so that they can be avoided to follow.
Here are the 8 most common black hat SEO practices that the spammers usually follow to manipulate Google:
- Content duplication: The “copy and paste” practice in which the content is directly copied from the different sources and arranged in a way that it look quite exact or much similar to the original one is known as content duplication. As per the general search engine optimization ethics and the guidelines of the search engines, the content must be unique and original. When the search spiders find the much alike content on the sites, it is regarded as the sign of the black hat SEO practice. It directly affects the rank degradation and the disciplinary actions against the site.
- Paid links: It is the easiest tricks and holds some undeniable advantages for the buyers. As the first advantage, there is no need to bother with the quality of the content while the transaction has completed. Also, the anchor texts have also been selected as per the preference of the audiences. These are the actual reasons that the paid links can easily manipulate any site’s ranking and Google classify them as a critical black hat SEO technique and practice.
- Spam comments: The spamming comment can be understood by the situation when the freshly submitted comment on your blog turned out to be a spammer’s non-related promotional link or the worthless message. This black hat SEO practice mainly intended to create free backlinks which are absolutely the no follow links and have not no SEO value. At a glance, it seems quite a waste of time, but, it is one of the most followed black hat SEO practice. To facilitate this spammy action there are many tools are available out there.
The spam comments leave the negative impression on the future users and reduce the quality of the website. So, it is obvious to prevent the spam comment before the readers find your site uncomfortable and start to avoid leaving the valuable comments.
These comments also harm the reputation of the blog or site and make it appear unprofessional. The webmasters are advised to use the filters and the blocking plugins.
- Article spinning: Similar to the duplicate content technique mentioned above , article spinning is also being used by the tricky web technicians. It is also called as the improved status of plagiarism where the content is copied from its original source and rephrased with the help of some specific software and transformed into a unique and the completely unmatched content. This practice is regarded as the sign of the black hat SEO practice. It directly affects the rank of a website.
- Cloaking:This is the search engine technique that presents the different content or the URL to the users and the search engine spiders. The method is considered deceptive as the webmasters apply this trick to achieve the desired ranking for the target keyword. The method serves the completely irrelevant results to the different people so it is the clear cut violation of the Google webmaster Guidelines and can result in the cloaking penalties.
- Doorway pages: Also known as the jump pages, bridge pages, and the gateway pages, these are smartly optimized for the targeted keywords and make it easier to get a higher ranking for the particular queries. This kind of landing pages does not have any sound importance and value furthermore, they are applied solely with the purpose of tricking or fooling the search engines as they deliver a visitor to an irrelevant destination instead of his chosen one.
- Keyword stuffing: As the most popular black hat SEO practice from the recent past, this trick is now can be easily found and prevented by the search engines. The term keyword stuffing literally means by the overuse of the same keyword on a page or blog post to get higher visibility and desired traffic. This is not a user-friendly technique as the content stuffed with keywords never appears as a natural, pleasant and useful one. There are many soft solutions like “Position’s Website Optimization Grader” that can be used in detecting the keyword stuffing and alarming about its status and consequences.
- Invisible text: The invisible text can appear as the white text on the white background in the form of an invisible text. In this method the keywords are invisible to the visitors and only the search spiders who can detect, index and rate this implied content.
It is completely risky and dangerous to use and apply the black hat SEO practice or tricks because the Google bots will definitely find them sooner or later and the page or site can be suspended, penalized and banned forever. While banning is a rare consequence by the search engines, penalizing the most common practice which takes place commonly as the disciplinary action against the black hat SEO practices. Lowering the ranking of the site is the other action to punish the websites involved in the negative SEO practice.
There were the days when such black hat SEO practice was acceptable, but today, the search engines have their tough and tight codes of conduct. At the present time, only the quality and the relevance of the content is the way to achieve the top ranking in the SERPs so using any trick to fool or misguide the search engines can prove seriously harmful to you.