The importance of quality backlinks in SEO:
There can be different opinions, but without any doubt, backlinks are an essential and very important part of the Search Engine optimization procedure. With the good amount of quality backlinks, you can not only attract a remarkable number of visitors to your website but also can improve your website’s ranking in the SERPs. In this article we are going to discuss the fact relating to meaning, methods and the importance of backlinks in SEO and also that how to follow the Google backlinks guidelines to avoid any kind of penalization.
The meaning of backlink in SEO:
Literally, a backlink is a link that goes back to your site. It is also known as an inbound link. In the world of SEO, backlinks are the status symbols that indicate the popularity and preference of a website. Google and other search engines give high value to the websites that are enriched with a good number of high-quality backlinks. On the basis of the quality of the backlinks to a site, Google determines its higher or lower position in comparison to other websites that are visible in a search query.
The importance of backlink in SEO:
On the basis of relevancy of keywords to the sites and the number of high-quality backlinks that are pointing back to a website are highly considered by the search engines. These make a sound ground for ranking a website and determining its comparative position. Quality backlinks work as a hallmark of better SEO. It is the high important factor of the online marketing procedure, so that you not only improve the visibility, generate traffic and get the pot SERP appearance.
Now, what is the quality backlink? When there is a link pointing towards your website plus the content on that site is highly relevant to your site, it is a quality backlink. Relevancy is a key element and it proportionally increases with quality. As you increase the relevancy, it will simply improve your quality and as a result, your traffic, ranking, and reputation altogether will increase.
Is it a level playing field?
Search engine giant Google and other leading players always pressurize the websites to search for and building the natural links. Though, it is an easy process to manipulate the search engines by getting poor quality or false backlinks and get the higher page ranking. It is the reason that Google has launched a whole new range of search algorithms. Today, the search spiders are smart enough to identify the false, improper and manipulating backlinks to a site and give a sound basis of discouraging and penalize these activities. This is why all the webmasters are consistently looking for the ethical and Google approved methods of getting quality backlinks.
Building backlinks require patience:
Backlink building is slow, steady and a continuous process. You cannot build the quality backlinks within a couple of days. If while it is concerned with a newly created website, there are almost zero chances of getting the fast and natural links. Instead of praying for any miracle or moving towards any unethical methods, you should start relating quality content, building links, and driving the relevant traffic to your site.
Now, how to do this? Usually, writing guest posts on a reputed website in your specific is the common and popular method of doing so. A point that you must consider while writing for the other website that your primary aim should not be getting the links in the author bio. At the first, you have to work hard and create a good content so that you can stand up in front of the whole community of audiences.
Here are some suggestions for scaling your guest posting technique:
- Instead of writing only for the websites with “write for us” page, you need to look for the well-known sites of your niche and you can get better quality links without these pages.
- You don’t have to waste your time and efforts on writing content for the sites whose domain authority is lower than yours. Eventually, there will be a quite low value of your link and it will end up without further notice to you.
- While writing for other websites, write for more than one time, it will sound your claim for the good link and also, you will be able to build good relations with the website and its audiences.
- Target your efforts on the No-follow links. It is good to get more followers on social media.
- Regularly monitor your links and keep track of all of your backlinks by using some of the various SEO tools available out there. In this process, you will have an idea about the existence status of your link on the site.
- Never forget to link to your social media profile in the article’s author bio.
Avoid leaving footprints on your backlinks:
It is a common mistake made by the SERP professionals that they leave footprints while building the backlinks. You need to work on building links which look natural and organic. Using the given tips can be helpful:
- As a guest blogger, use a completely different pen name, and change your author bio.
- Avoid using the same description for your website to all the sites you are writing for.
- Try to build links that they look natural and untraceable.
The backlinks that you should avoid:
There are several types of backlinks that should not be a part of your backlink profile. For your wonder, without your knowledge, there can be various spammy links that harm your website and you cannot control them.
Following are the examples of such bad backlinks:
- The links from the sites or pages with little or poor content. Google never gives them much value and of course, these links carry a little SEO value.
- The sites that don’t provide any value to the users. This category of the sites includes social bookmarking sites, web directories, and the article directories. All these have their use for the SEO purpose only and the search engines, especially Google don’t give them any special credit. One more difficulty with these sites. The link submitted to any such, it is very difficult to remove.
- Comments spam. Everybody hates spam, also google. By posting the spammy comments, you will certainly lose your reputation. It will also harm your ranking in the SERPs. Remember, the No-follow comments are also treated suspicious if been abused.
Well, I’ve described the meaning, methods and the importance of backlinks in SEO. If you have any suggestions then share with us.