In this article, find out some smart ways to get more visibility for your existing content? Love your content, trust your content, there is a high amount of goodness is existed in your content and you can utilize it to bring your business move ahead. You just need to identify the potential for your greatest assets and plan a campaign to get better visibility, improved ranking and increased profit.
It is always suggested by the industry experts that instead of recreating and redeveloping the entire strategical setup, you should bring the best out of what you already possess. Undoubtedly an established website has a great amount of in-house content and the content of 3rd party which can be applied smartly and usefully. The only thing that is essential here is the systematic presentation and promotion of the content and using its full potential.
Here are the tips for getting more visibility through using your awful and still unused content assets:
3 Tips To Get More Visibility Through Your Existing Content
1. Identify the pages with high potential
Usually, you need to look for the two types of assets to look on your site; the un-utilized or the underutilized one. It helps to figure out the subject matter for your upcoming content promotion strategy. In order to find out the underutilized content, you can use the Ahrefs.com plug-in and go to the tab named “top pages” to find the top entries. In this way, you succeed to get the pages on your website with the higher traffic and maximum links. During this process, it is suggested to not count the home page and any other money pages so that you can concentrate on the content assets. In this manner, you can find the URLs to your website having the significant amount of social shares. Now, you are able to identify your pages with high potential.
When the above procedure is done, you have to start developing the list of these assets and make notes in their interrelation. During this procedure, we can easily explore that some of the pages are already linked to the specific URL and the other having enough potential to be liked.
While finding the un-utilized content, you need to perform a bit harder as there is no automated or the quick method, tool or tactic to help us in this task. You need to observe the entire content deeply understand the pattern of traffic on your website and also, why these pages are not being utilized properly. Is there any problem with the content or they are not promoted thoroughly or the links coming to these pages are of the poor category. Make sure that your content is of high quality and has enough potential to generate traffic if applies a right strategy to it. Now you have a possibility of getting the advantage of a great content which remained unused till the date.
2. Content optimization
Definitely, this is the procedure where you don’t need to create any brand new content, but still, there is a lot of exercises or the on-site housekeeping work is required to be done. Undoubtedly, you have a good amount of content that is still not being used to its potential. Such a content is called the “diamond in the rough”. You have never promoted them during your previous promotional campaigns. There could be some other reasons also that it was not in the proper format or was targeted to the wrong set of the audiences.
So, here is a great need for content optimization again and the following things are to be considered at this time. Which are:
- Consolidation: Here is the need of consolidating the series of contents into another set of comprehensive assets. We can understand the process by pressurizing all our efforts towards one URL the consolidation can be done by differentiating between obtaining the links or not. There are many examples when a single blog was not capable enough to get links or generate traffic, but when systematically arranged and combines with the set of similar ones, it becomes a solid linkable asset without typing a single extra word.
- Topic keyword: The next thing that can be responsible for not reaching the content to the target audience is the wrongful keyword optimization. For your wonder, most of the website owners give extra emphasis on the optimization of their money pages and often skip the education, resources and the blog section of their website. Remember, with the use of informational keywords it is quite easy to drive the massive traffic and bring the visitors to the path of making the deal. A successful link building generally leads to the success of the sales department.
- Content updating or improvement: Though it is not required always if some points are missing or there is a need of some touch-up or makeup of the existing data, you may proceed the content updating or improvement.
3. Content promotion
To get the higher amount of eyeballs and attention towards your content, you can apply the method of earning coverage through paying for it. For this purpose the following platforms can be used:
- Outbrain: A highly preferred engine for content recommendation. Here you get the power of “around the web” links which are often experienced with leading publishers. Though here is the cheap traffic, the target is much fruitier. It further provides a suitable starting point for a cost-effective campaign that highlights the potential audiences.
- Facebook: we know that Facebook is very friendly with advertising and can reach to a greater number of audiences. This social media platform provides the most suitable platform for people of all types, communities, interest, and groups. With Facebook, it is quite easy to reach to the right community of the audiences. No doubt, the site owners prefer this platform even it is much expensive than the others. It helps to get the conversation, provides the guidance and through likes, shares, and comments, you get more and more promotion on the site. It is the right platform to perform the straightforward online relationship development. The process requires a good skill and a good amount of time. And, the result in exchange is extremely higher traffic.
Well, these all are the effective and useful tips for getting more visibility through using your awful and still unused content assets. If you have suggestions then share with us or for more content optimization tips read our earlier articles.