Whenever you are working on to update your machine to Windows 10 or by using Windows 10, there is a possibility of driver power state failure error. In order to resolve the issue, you need to uninstall the issue drivers. Also, whenever you face the issue, you need to reboot your PC.
This unique blue screen driver power state failure (also termed as 0x0000009F), is generally occurred because of driver errors happen, when, for example, you set your computer either to sleep mode or take out from sleep. Basically, drivers are the directions offered by your device in order to instruct your computer about manner to interact with them.
It is known that the error occurs whenever there is power state changing, similar to entering or exiting from PC sleep mode, or shutting down the machine. This kind of error may be created by driver issues like incompatible drivers, outdated or corrupted drivers for any hardware. Hence, the best solution to such issues is resolving the problems associated with drivers.
In addition to that, Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) is identified as one of the greatest fatal errors within Windows PCs. Whether you are using Lenovo, Asus, Dell, hp, or any other brand computer, the error can hitch you. It is found that BSOD is a common error and it further has different categories as per its causes.
The error about which we are about to discuss is related to the aspect that your PC is in a problem and requires to restart. The corresponding code for this error is – Driver Power State Failure. For certain users, system restart would work, but certain users continue to suffer from this error often.
Table of Contents
- Description of Causes and how to fix Driver Power State Failure in Windows 10
- Causes To Fix Driver Power State Failure in Windows 10
- How to Fix Driver Power State Failure in Windows 10
Description of Causes and how to fix Driver Power State Failure in Windows 10
There would be a discussion on various methods for fixing windows 10 driver power state failure error. For purpose of driver updates, there are three different options: make use of the Device Manager, seen in the Control Panel in Windows 10, and then independently upgrade your drivers directly from there.
Alternatively, you could even manually search online to your driver upgrades or also you could make use of our Driver Reviver applications in order to resolve the error.
Whenever there is an upgrading of the BIOS and when it happens that drivers have not resolved the issue, it is possible that there would be an issue with the operating system setup you use or the hardware itself.
There can be various causes of driver power state failure windows 10. The driver power state failure window 10 can lead to lots of issues on your PC, and certain users have reported the below-discussed issues:
Causes To Fix Driver Power State Failure in Windows 10
- Driver Power State Failure Windows 10 Dell, Alienware, Acer, Sony, Samsung, Lenovo, Toshiba, HP – This issues influences majority of a device and several Dell, HP, Lenovo users have reported this issue.
- Driver Power State Failure Nvidia – The corresponding issue is associated with your Nvidia graphics. Whenever you are making use of Nvidia graphics card, make sure to try few of the solutions.
- Driver Power State Failure USB –This error could take place when you are making use of a particular USB device. In order to fix the issue, you may need to disconnect all the USB devices and then find the one which is creating the issue.
- Driver Power State Failure on startup, boot – The issue can occur during the instant your computer is booting. In case, the error takes place on startup, it is possible that you would be unable to use your PC at all.
- Driver Power State Failure Photoshop software and Autocad Software – The error can influence different applications, and there are lots of users who have stated when using Autocad or Photoshop.
- Driver Power State Failure SSD, hard drive – The error could be created by either a new hard drive or SSD. When it occurs, you may need to update the drivers as well as check if things are in order.
- Driver Power State Failure Kaspersky, McAfee – It is known that the third-party applications are the general causes of this issue and occasionally your antivirus could create this issue. The issue has generally occurred if you are using McAfee or Kaspersky.
- Driver Power State Failure ntoskrnl.exe – The corresponding error message can at times display you the file name that is responsible to create the error. Many users stated that ntoskrnl.exe is the greatest common cause responsible for this problem.
How to Fix Driver Power State Failure in Windows 10
Method 1: Fix Driver Power State Failure Error in Safe Mode
For fixing driver power failure error, you need to first enter in the safe mode and after that, you should follow the below steps.
Step 1: Find Drivers
- First, right-click the Computer > Properties
- Now, click Device Manager and then check if there are any yellow marks sign for any of the hardware drivers.
Step 2: Uninstall the Drivers
- Just right-click on the corrupted drivers and then select Uninstall.
Step 3: Reinstall the Drivers
- Initially, restart the PC.
- Now open Settings and navigate to System and Security.
- Click on Windows Update and then click on Check for updates.
Method 2: Upgrade the BIOS
In order to fix BSOD driver power state failure error, you can easily find the BIOS information present on your device, and later you can search for the BIOS updates directly on the manufacturer’s support website as it offers the download. It is to be noted that you need to be cautious in this method though it may be a simple approach to fix power driver state failure.
Method 3: System Restore
It is known that system restore could be utilized to resolve some system issues like DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE error. The method permits Windows 10 users to roll back the state of PC to that of the prior one.
In case you have made a system restore points prior the occurrence of this error, you can now roll the system back directly to a normal state through the below steps:
Step 1: First right-click the Computer and select Property.
Step 2: Now choose System Protection, and after that choose System Restore from the opening dialog.
Step 3: Lastly click on Next and select a particular system restore point directly from the table.
- Top Free ISO Burners For Windows 7/8/10
- Tools To Reset Windows 10 Login Password
- Best Animation Software For Windows 10/8/7
- Fix Driver Power State Failure in Windows 10
- How To Fix Window 10 Taskbar Not Working Issue
- How to Fix Nvidia Installer Failed Issue Window 10
- Best Free DVD Maker Software For Windows 10/8/7
- Fix Xbox 360 Controller Driver Not Working on Window 10
- How To Check PC for Window 10 software and driver compatibility
The discussed methods to fix driver power state failure windows 10 error is assured and work easily. Based on your needs, on your Windows 10 system, you can implement any of these methods.