The Role of social media in digital marketing
Marketing is all about selling product and service to customers. It is about meeting the needs and wants of customers. Marketing is the means of communication between the company and the target audience. Digital marketing is a broad term that refers to the promotion of products and services or brands through one or more forms of electronic media, for example, TV, radio, internet, social media, electronic billboard etc. The main objective of digital media is to promote brands, build preferences and increase sales through various digital marketing techniques. Digital marketing uses the internet as a main promotional medium, in addition to traditional TV and radio.
Digital marketing activities are search engine marketing, search engine optimization, content marketing, e-commerce marketing, social media marketing, social media optimization and any other form of digital media. Digital marketing is the use of digital channels to promote or market products and services to end users. Digital marketing is often called as online marketing, internet marketing or web marketing.
Now the time is to know what is social media and its role in digital marketing?
Social media is the collection of online communication channels that allow people or companies to create, share and exchange information with people and build relationships and communities online. Social media includes popular networking sites like facebook, twitter, google +, LinkedIn etc. when companies join these social channels, customers can interact with them directly. Social media can act as a word of mouth marketing. Through social networking sites, companies can keep in touch with every individual follower.
You can’t think digital marketing without social media. Social media can strengthen many potential marketing goals using several tactics. Through social media, you can simply acquire new clients also.
9 Role of social media in digital marketing:
- You get to see your target market close and personal: Through social networking sites, you can directly interact with your customer base. You read their status updates and tweets to get into their day to day lives. As a result, you can manage your marketing strategy also.
- You can respond to a problem immediately: Social networking sites give you instant access to positive or negative feedback, which provides you with valuable insights on the customer perspective. Through status updates and tweets, you may know if there is any problem with your product and service. Then you can take actions immediately. With the response you get in the process of social media marketing, you know when there are issues and you take steps to resolve them right away. Research has shown that consumers only appreciate companies which respond to customers’ complaints.
- It will get you more sales: When you stay in front of your customer base, they are more likely to buy from you. Social media marketing does not just keep your companies name in front of your target audience, but also gives you the opportunity to give them incentives to buy.
- It’s free: Social networking sites are totally free, as is widely known. There is no cost to register, you can create a profile, offer free business pages and update your status and let the world know what you think. There is no cost to it.
- Increased brand recognition: social networking sites are very important for your business because it makes your business easier and more accessible for new customers and make you more familiar and recognizable for existing customers. Social networking sites are the new channels for your company’s voice and content.
- Improved brand loyalty: According to a report, a company who engage on social networking sites enjoy higher loyalty from their customers. Companies should take advantage of social media tools when it comes to connecting with their audience. Another study found that Americans who allow brands in social networking sites are more loyal to those brands.
- More opportunities to convert: when you make a post or update your status on social networking sites is an opportunity for customers to convert. Your every post, status update, image or comment you share is a chance for someone to react, and every reaction could lead to a site visit and eventually a conversion. Not every reaction could lead to conversion, but every positive interaction may lead to conversation.
- Improved customer insights: For businesses in any industry, the key to success is knowing your customers. Social networking site also gives you an opportunity to know valuable information about customer’s interests and how they behave through a social ecosystem. You can directly observe user comments to see what customers think of your business.
- Social media is a tool to research: Research carried on customer insights that people are more loyal to brands that have an improved social media presence. It is because a socially active brand relates to its customer well. In order to relate. The customer who needs to understand your brand well needs to understand yourself well. So, you need to be active in social media to help your brand well defined. The more value you create for your audience more defined the set of definition goes. So, you need to be active on social media. The more your brand is active, more you gain on values. A socially active brand usually make it to the top of the mark.
So, these are some of the vital points which you need to consider to improve your brand value online. The brands which leverage the potentiality of the digital media along with social media usually stay at the top of the mark. A digitally active brand can easily scale up, with a proper variety of well-defined rules within its proper and holistic variety of defined set of rules, reach. So, if your brand is yet to scale up well on social media, it is very important that you start off your social media page.
These are just some of the points which you need to consider while opting for an improved social media presence. If you need to read other articles about SEO, SMO; please click articles published earlier here