Quick guide to online reputation management for your business
In the era of globalization, it is very necessary for every business to own an online reputation space. With the advent of 21st century, Internet has proven itself as a global platform where you can showcase your presence easily. Be it in form of business page on social networking site, be it on microblogging site or be it your own website; today the online reputation presence of your business has become an integral part of your brand image. People from around the world are using the internet to promote their business. Undoubtedly, no business can run itself successfully without owning an online presence.
And in the last few decades, the online presence of your business has become the necessity without which you cannot think of even surviving in the business world. It has become such an integral part of a business that nowadays businesses even own a separate department for managing their online space. Need not to say that online presence of any business has now become as important as running any business. It has become a way of supporting the existence of your business. And this mean of running a successful business can never be avoided; nor can be neglected.
Just like a business own its reputation in the planetary world, nowadays a business needs to earn its online reputation in e-world also. And in last few years, the online presence of any business has played such an important role that the tech savvy people have now termed it as “online reputation management”. And the charm of it is such that nowadays it has become a complete subject matter of concern for every big and small business. Today, every businessman keeps a keen eye on the ways to build and assess the online reputation of his/her business. Moreover, people are now even looking out for various methods to track and control their online reputation. Surely, the whole subject of “Online reputation management” has become an essential way to grow, expand and sustain your business.
If you want to sustain for a long term in your business you need have to own a reputed online presence because, if you will not earn it someone else will earn it. And the one, who will own it, will lead the market. The whole concept of “online reputation management” has become a way of staying ahead of your competitors. The top ranking of your business in search engine results speaks a lot about your business image and reputation. Thus, every business needs to take it seriously.
With the advancements like enhanced search results, universal search, rich snippets and personalized search, almost every search engine are offering opportunities to rank your business on top in a list of search results. Online reputation management is surely an effortless way of promoting your business. By uploading meaningful videos, creating useful blogs and posting genuine comments you can quickly rank your business on the numero uno position. It is a defensive approach with the best promoting practices, isn’t?
Now, when so much is being talked about the online reputation management, it would not be wrong to get an idea about how to build an online reputation.
Here we have quickly suggested few ways which can help any business in framing their online reputation, take a look at 3 ways for online reputation management for your business
Online Reputation Management for your business
- Mark your authentic presence on social networking sites: Staying in touch with all your clients and customers is an essentiality to maintain your reputation. Register your online usernames on all major social networking sites to mark your presence. Some of the important social networking sites where your business can gain creditability are Facebook, google plus, MySpace, LinkedIn, and Twitter.
- Register your business online: To give your business a complete authentication, it is very necessary to protect it from imitation. And the best way to do this is to own all the relevant domains. You also need to take proper registration of your usernames.
- Secure your online presence: To save your online presence from any kind of reputation disaster, it is highly recommendable to have safe and secure settings for your all online accounts. By securing your online accounts through the option of privacy settings you can index your presence in good books of search results.
Once you have managed to own a fantastic online reputation, it then becomes important to monitor it and keep track of it. Owning a good online reputation is not enough, you also need to maintain and upgrade it time to time. Nowadays, there are many online tools that are available over the internet which can help you to keep a track over your online accounts.
Here, we have listed few tools which can help you in online reputation monitoring, take a look at 5 tools for online reputation monitoring:
6 tools for online reputation monitoring
- BoardReader: As the name itself explains, this tool is specially designed to keep a close track of all the conversations that are happening across the message boards and forums. And to serve you better, this tool also has a feature to refine your search according to date and particular domain names.
- Google alert: Track for all the relevant and necessary details that are running over the internet by subscribing here for free. From local news to stock market details, news feeds via keyword search to videos and blogs… everything is traceable via this tool.
- Yahoo alert: By signing up for yahoo alerts, you can keep a track of all the relevant news, posts, blogs, videos and web results. You can also subscribe for its free services to receive e-mails and feeds.
- Feed reader: To keep a track of your keyword phrases and to search for the relevant custom feeds, you can use this online tool. This tool is not only user-friendly but is also portable on all types of operating system.
- Track: Being a paid online tracker tool, it offers premium search services. Featured with the ability to tag, save, share and sort as per particular feeds, this tool has the ability to take keywords from various sources.
- Trackur: Trackur pulls keyword mentions from a variety of sources, not just Google Alerts, but its biggest use comes from the ability to save, sort, tag, share and subscribes to particular feeds. It costs less than $20 a month and is perfect for small businesses.
Some hand picks articles for you:
Above are the quick steps of online reputation management which can be very helpful and useful for your business. The real aim of creating this quick guide is to show how you can improve your business online reputation with the help of online presence of your business.so, by using these quick ways and tools you can manage your business online reputation. If you have any query related to this article then feel free to ask in comment section below