How to improve a company’s reputation online?
If we think about the best assets held by a company, then it is surely the reputation of the company and its products.Without a sound reputation, a business will lose its customers, sales, employees and the partners.All the leading and fast-growing businesses are paying full concentration on their online image or how nice or unfair they are looking in online searches.
The efforts were taken or the process followed by the businesses to protect its reputation usually include protecting the brand, proper content management, continuous watch on search results and preparing a strategy for all possibilities.As per the opinion of the market experts, we have listed below the 9 tips for supporting the online reputation management of a business.
9 tips for supporting the online reputation management of a business
- Optimize Your Site with Your Company Name: While you are optimizing various pages on your website, you are surely looking for a most important keyword; so apply your company’s name.It is a highly beneficial strategy as now Google will take your site as the ultimate authority on your business.When you have one or more pages properly optimized with the company’s name, it helps in getting the top or the near position in search results.No doubt, the visibility as well as the reputation gets a greater height.It will be simple and best if you use your company’s name in all the important places such as HTML title tags and URL, About Us or Contact Us pages.
2. Diversify Your Web Presence: Many senior corporate online reputation management professionals suggest to focus on Owning maximum slots in Google first page ranking in the relation of your target keyword.By this, you can present your company’s dominance in that particular topic.And achieving such top 10 dominance is not a piece of cake; you have to spread your web presence through the company’s website, related blogs, social media platforms such as LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, etc.The search engine spiders take these social networking sites as a trustworthy basis of ranking over whom the sites and their authoriality are ranked.One thing is very necessary to be mentioned here that you can not place everything, your company owns, on the first page of Google or any other search engine unless your company has the exceptionally unique name and the search engine is unable to find anything else relating it.
- Go with the leading social networks: Social media marketing requires a good amount of time and effort.So if you have limited resources or time schedule, you need to concentrate only on any one specific social media platform such as LinkedIn.A Linkedin profile is regarded higher reputed and also ranked higher in the comparison of some other social media channels.It is specifically beneficial for B2B companies as various people prefer to search on LinkedIn for professional services instead of visiting Google.There are a lot of guidance and assistance are available on the internet regarding optimizing your LinkedIn profile.With a right profile and optimization strategy, you can boost your company’s online reputation instantly.
- Get backlinks, but avoid overdoing: Getting other sites to link to your page or content with anchor text is a good practice for a better reputation management. An anchor text is actually a set of hyperlinked words or phrase who can take you to the other web page by clicking on them.The anchor texts are used by search engines to determine the relevancy of a page that is being linked to.If you manage to link various authoritative sites and trustworthy brands with your post or article using the anchor text link, your article will get support your article to get higher search result ranking for that set of phrase.
But getting these quality backlinks with rich anchor text links is very difficult sometimes because these sites are beyond your control, but you can influence them by your content quality and uniqueness.You can ask them to link your site using the keyword rich anchor text concerning to your company.But avoid asking everyone to link you through the same anchor text.This practice may regard unacceptable by Google as people usually play the games like this your content can be demoted by search engine authorities for aggressive anchor text practices. Instead of it, you need to make efforts creating a diversified and natural link profile over time.When you get the links from various different, yet quality sites, it will improve your online reputation and audience’s trust towards your content.
- Regularly monitor your search engine results: As an effective online reputation management practice the marketer needs to proactively monitor the company’s search results; probably once in a month.If your business is large in the size and often becomes a news, you should do it much more frequently.Set up Google Alert to your system for the important keywords as it will inform you about each new content that hits on the web that is a matter of your concern.
As per suggestions of online marketing experts, don’t get stuck on the first page of the search engine results.Though a majority of users does not go to the next page, their value and importance cannot be denied.Checking these further pages will make you aware of the negative content.Also, you can observe the change in the rankings that happens overnight and the content can end on the page suddenly.
- Counteract the negative content: The Online world is full of unexpected and unpleasant things.The bigger your company or business is, you will find negative content mixed with your premium search engine results.Whenever you experience such situation, immediately step up to counteract.You should contact that blogger, reviewer or the creator of this negative content.Get his suggestion and complain and ask him to switch the content positively.If the effort doesn’t work, edit your post with the explanation or answer of the negative comment.Put your point to the audiences that what you are doing to turn the situation right.
- Regularly send out optimized press releases: You will be surprised to know that the search optimized press releases can get a higher ranking in SERPs for relevant keyword searches.It is another opportunity for your company to achieve a top SERPs slot.
- Pay Attention to Your business Offline Reputation: Your offline reputation also can put a great impact on your online reputation.It is highly important when you often find the negative content about you and your company.Treat your clients, partners and other related parties very well and try to encourage the happy and satisfied partners to leave the reviews on the social media and fight the negative opinion about your company.If you deal with your offline reputation efficiently, it will automatically help your online reputation to rise higher.
- Never underestimate your Wikipedia page: When you search the company’s name on Google or any other search engine, Wikipedia entries about company always rank within the top results.Here, you need to remember that you cannot control Wikipedia entries because these can simply edit or amended by anyone.You just have to regularly observe the related page and the information given there.If you find something wrong and improper, immediately contact Wikipedia to fix it.
Above are the tips that will help you to improve a company’s reputation online, The real aim of creating this tip is to show how you can improve your business online reputation.so, by using these quick ways you can manage your business online reputation.