10 easy steps to earn customer loyalty
A steady customer base is an essential thing for a successful operation of any business. As per some studies, the 75% of the business of a company comes from its regular customers. And the cost of attracting the new customers is much higher than maintaining the existing ones.
In this way, a business should give the equal importance to building better relationships with its regular customers and keep this vital group of purchaser happy as well as satisfied. It can be very dangerous for a business to neglect these routine clients.
While the main target of a business is to function successfully for the long term and earn a consistent profit throughout this long life, earning the loyalty of the clients is the real wealth. In this article, we are going to discuss some easy yet highly beneficial steps to establishing and maintaining the customer loyalty. Here they are:
10 steps to earn customer loyalty
- Reputation creates the reliability: Reputation and reliability are interrelated. The reliability of the products and services of the company simply reflects on the reputation of the company and it plays a significant role in forming the customers’ mindset about their next purchase. So it is highly essential to
- Try to be reliable
- Communicate regularly
- Keep up your promises and honor the warranties.
- Respect the time, concerns and convenience of your customers
- If there are any wrong on your behalf, accept it and immediately compensate it and apologize for it.
- Promote product awareness: Unless you possess the awareness about your products, you cannot beat the cut-throat competition of this modern age market. At the very first, you and your staff should know and understand everything about your product so that any query or the question about can be immediately answered. Also, you need to be highly cautious about the availability of the sock with you and its competitive specifications against the other competitive products out there.
- Launch attractive customer incentives: By developing and launching appealing incentives on the regular basis, you can maintain their enthusiasm for your products or services. These incentives can be in the form of discounts, rebates, buy two get one, free gift, scratch card or shopping points. You need to add this customer service practice with your marketing and promotional programs so that the customers may get the proper information about these incentives and during the slow seasons they can be motivated to buy the product.
- Train your employees for customer relationship building: These are your employees who deal with your clients on your behalf and if they are trained, skilled and experienced, they can handle the client’s complaints and be able to solve them thoroughly. A company should provide their employees the regular training session focused on establishing and maintaining the relationships with the clients. But these training sessions should interesting as boring session ill make your employees frustrated and bring no benefit to you. The on-spot job training is a much better way to give the real life training to your employees.
- The employee loyalty is also essential: Of course, you cannot earn the customer loyalty if your employees are not satisfied with their job working conditions or the business policies. A happy employee is always a proud employee and gives his 100% for the best of the company. You can earn the trust of your employees by protecting their interests and providing them attractive incentives to motivate them. Your effort to build the employee loyalty will surely reflect on their performance and they will pass on their efforts to earn the customer loyalty.
- Regular communication: It is very necessary to keep them in touch. You can send them email newsletters, occasional flyers, holiday greeting cards and many other such things. If you give them the importance they will feel respected ad paid for their loyalty. It is good to create a database of their contacts and other information use I for the regular communication procedure. You can further invite them to your social media profile page and send them a message through emails. One thing to remember here that all the messages you post on your profile should have an interesting diversity. It means along with promotional content there can be some interesting news, social message or fun facts also.
- Focus on satisfactory customer service: With a remarkable good customer service a business can earn the trust of the client and it is often said that one satisfied customer brings two new customers to you. So if any of your customer or customers have a problem or suggestion, never ignore them, take it as an opportunity for the betterment of your product and the reputation.
- Be flexible: Each of your customers is unique with his identity, requirements, and circumstance. You need to solve their specific problems by considering their point of view. Unless you have understood the whole scene, never make any assumption about it. And of course, the statement “Sorry, this is our policy” will negatively work against you. With some flexibility, if you manage to solve the client problems you can get succeed to keep them with you.
- Come out from the veil of technology: The technology you are using should be helpful in the formation of the sound and productive customer relationships and not for frustrating them. If your clients keep emailing you without any response or reply from you, it will naturally motivate them to break the links with you. One can easily imagine the inconvenience when somebody is waiting for the phone call for registering his or her complaint and he has to experience a long music or the recorded message that “please wait till we get some help to you”. If the person gives up trying to connect you, there are rare chances that he will show any interest in buying your product again.
- Address them with their name: While sending messages or during phonic or online communication with your customer, if you use their name for the better connection. It makes them feel respected and honored and the same treatment they will show to your business in the return. You need to encourage your employee to do the same. This tactic is a simpler but really works great.
Well, I’ve described 10 easy steps to earn the customer loyalty, as these steps are very useful and highly beneficial steps to establishing and maintaining the customer loyalty if you have any suggestions then share with us.