How to choose a right blogging platform?
In Modern days, online marketing, social media marketing, and networking are quite impossible without blogging. Approximate 200 million blogs have been generated worldwide till the date.
No matter what is the size of a business, blogging has been accepted as the most efficient way to increase traffic and generate leads into sales and income. Blogging is a great way to communicate people about the products and services of a company or business in the most informative and educative manner. Today, blogging is furthermore improved as the wholesome idea to earn money by itself and professional bloggers are established as a reputed blogging brands.
The best thing about the blogging is that one can start it for free. There are many free blogging platforms and sites to choose from as per the offered opportunity for growth, exposure, and monetization. On the other hand, the self-hosted blogs need a fine domain and a powerful web hosting site. Also, they offer many significant advantages over the free blog sites.
Choosing the right blogging platform for your blog is a complicated thing and requires a great analytical overview on the pros and cons of the each site you are considering about. Among the various free blogging sites, some most popular blogging platforms are:
6 Popular blogging platforms:
You can select any one or more for the best presentation of your idea and information.
Let’s analyze them on the basis of the pros and cons of each blogging platform. Which one the best suit for you, depend on your business, niche, aim of blogging and targeted audiences.
Pros and cons of 3 major blogging platforms:
As the hottest blogging platform, WordPress is hosting 1 in 6 websites worldwide. It also provides the free publishing tool and SEO friendly CMS (content management system) for the blogging newbies. Furthermore, there is a great range of paid and free plugins and themes. In this manner, WordPress is the most scalable, user-friendly, flexible and suitable for SEO. No doubt it is ranked 1st by the bloggers around the globe.
WordPress is available in two options WordPress.com and WordPress.org for the different applications and objectives. If your aim behind blogging is money making, offering the freelancing services and working as a full-time professional blogger, you are suggested to pay for web hosting and you will simply get the support in creating banner Ads, inserting affiliate links, selling products, creating online courses and other monetizing ideas. Here you get the full control over a website for functionality, design, appearance and the user experience.
Pros of WordPress blogging platform:
- Flexible: One can post almost all types of blogs on the WordPress. It accepts the blogs in all the categories and subjects.
- Price: Generally, the software and the setup is available for free and blogger has to pay only for domain cost and server charges.
- Reliable: the site has the proven record in maintaining the security standards.
- Customization: With the superb possibilities of customized themes and plugins, it is an open source to encourage the developers’ creativity.
Cons of WordPress blogging platform:
- Hosting: As the biggest con of WordPress, a blogger has to host it on his or her server. That simply increases the hosting and domain cost.
- Coding: Though, there is a huge variety of ready to use designs and themes, if you choose to go with the customized themes, you will perform some coding.
For the professional bloggers, WordPress presents the best combination of tools and a powerful platform. While you are serious about making online money through blogging, you are recommended to buy hosting and create a self-hosted WordPress blog.
Previously known as Blogspot, it is the Google-owned blogging service that is highly popular among the hobby bloggers and casual bloggers. The best feature of the blogging platform is its quick setup and easy to use a system.
Pros of Blogger platform:
- While Blogger entertains the Google’s support, it ensures the long enough stability.
- It offers the remarkably good monetization potential as it can be easily integrated with Google AdSense.
- It is quite easy to understand and the beginners also can understand it without any prior experience or training.
Cons of blogger platform:
- Blogging with Blogger is not the customization friendly. Even if you change the back-end code, you cannot customize it. And starting up the blog in your domain name is also a tough task.
- In the absence of plugins and with very limited themes and designs the functionality is quite limited.
- Instead of the WordPress community, Blogger gets the less support from the developers’ community.
While you need is a platform to share your written thoughts and you are not interested in paying for it, Blogger is an ideal platform. It is quite simple to use and flexible for the hobby bloggers.
Especially known for the informal micro-blogging, Tumblr provides the platform for blogging that is smaller than the full-size blog post but longer enough than a tweet. The site is specifically used for sharing the visual content (pics, videos, links, and infographics) rather than the text content. An ideal platform for the users less committed towards a full-time project.
Pros of Tumblr blogging platform:
- It is very easy to start blogging and publishing. Just create a blog within 5 minutes, select something (pic, video, text or link) to post and simply click on “Publish”. And it is done.
- With the basic control panel at Tumblr, it is very convenient to manage multiple blogs without any additional effort.
- There is a huge collection of the theme to choose and fit your blog.
- It is quite mobile friendly.
Cons of Tumblr blogging platform:
- Tumblr is not designed for text blogging; it especially suits the visual posting. It is right for you only if you are not interested in getting engagements with the written content.
- The site is not empowered with powerful anti-virus plugins. So the slow loading and hacked site are the common problems.
Tumbler presents an ideal blogging platform to the casual bloggers who aim to generate the leads through publishing visual content and are not the serious or professional bloggers.
If you are also looking for the best domain registrar, be sure to check out Namecheap Vs Godaddy. Or explore best hosting service providers Bluehost review, SiteGround review, Godaddy and A2 Hosting review to find the right hosting company for your needs.
Also, Read some of the best resources for your blog.
Well, these all are the best free blogging platform to start blogging. Choosing the right blogging platform for your blog is a complicated thing and requires a great analytical overview. If you have any suggestions then share with us.