What are ethical SEO and best ethical SEO techniques?
While there are a large number of SEO companies working around us, with their own specific policies and ethics, it becomes obvious to differentiate them on the basis of ethical SEOs and less ethical SEOs. Ethical SEO means by the process of search marketing where the right and acceptable SEO techniques and tactics are followed.
In other words, an ethical SEO emphasis on the optimization of a website for the visitors and not for search engines. It is the basic and the actual difference between these two forms of SEO. The unethical form of SEO is also recognized as the black-hat SEO and their working criteria basically involve the following points:
- They often don’t follow the rules and regulations of a specific search engine.
- They create a poor user experience.
- They present the content in an unethical manner.
Now, let’s discuss what is ethical SEO and best ethical SEO techniques in the detailed terms. But first, what is ethics? Each company, organization or search engine has a well-determined set of guidelines that guides the institution about what should be done and what not. Theses are some clear mention rules that classify the things like black and white. Here the question appears that if everything is given so clear, then what is the ethical or unethical; the right and the wrong?
But the controversy is in the interpretation of these rules and guidelines. This is actually the difference in vision or point of view of the reader’s mind that how he takes the points and implement in practical business. The ethical SEOs or the white hat SEOs generally known to accept the pre-set guidelines and not crossing the limits or interpreting the terms according to their preference and profit making. Also, there is no use of any spamming SEO technique such as page cloaking, keyword stuffing, hidden text or any other.
When an SEO leader and the team is committed towards an ethical SEO that means that both their efforts and website are totally optimized for the search engine as well as the users.
The importance of ethical SEO:
The market is always full of competition and uncertainties. It involves a great risk with each SEO game change or game launch. And when any search engine crosses the limit and found felony of conducting the unethical tactics is taking a high risk that can result in a big trouble to them. Even many big brands also have been penalized for any such activities. Rules are made to be respected and being followed if you disobey them you will be punished or banned forever.
As per market complications and cut throat competition; it is sometimes very tempting to adopt some short cuts but it contains a high risk. A short term benefit can result in long term loss of reputation and your site loses its position on the search engines. In this sense, creating and developing a sound website is much simpler than playing the wrong tactics and pay for it. Success is the long term result of the hardwork.
Furthermore, the modern search engines also enlist the website in their indexes who are guaranteed for their ethical SEO techniques relating to content drafting and client service. With their longtime experience in search engine field, they can easily classify that what can be work ethically and what can not.
After having a good understanding of ethical SEO and importance in practical online marketing, it is better to understand the ethical guidelines that should be followed if someone wants it’s SEO totally future proof. In every search engine marketing deal, the agencies and the consultants discuss about the SEO ethics mainly. This is a wholesome approach that is finely constructed with honesty, respects and integrity. The ethical guidelines generally contain the following:
Ethical SEO guidelines
- Follow the search engines guidelines: The search engine guidelines are the road rules of online practice on its portal. They generally include:
- Understand what will work: Search Engine Optimization is a fine combination of various basic online marketing concepts, techniques, and their skillful implementation; not a cookie cutter process. The main focus should be on the best possible ethical SEO practices who can successfully attract the organic search traffic to the site.
- SEO in different from Non-SEO: While the search engine optimization contains the well-crafted design and a great content that can improve the link building. And the Non-SEO means of the things that make the SEO easier but are not the actual search engine optimization in themselves. These should be presented as the add on services separately.
- Honesty about expectations: Ultimately the goal of ethical SEO is achieving high amount of visitors, conversations, sales, profits and ROI. For this, you will have to keep engaged with the clients. But not being honest and nor telling them what they do not want to hear, will result long term very opposite way as you will lose them. You should give them the right and honest projection so that they can properly set their expectations.
- Respect the employees’ values: Ethics is not only concerned with your clients and visitors, it starts from the deep inside your team as each of your employee has its own personal moral and value status. Whether a company has a great deal of projects with different types of clients. If any of your employees is not comfortable with the subject matter or procedure of any, he must be assigned to any other project.
Some must implementable ethical SEO techniques: SEO is a continuing process of learning, researching, analyzing, and regularly refining the plans and strategies.
Here are 9 best ethical SEO techniques that will surely improve your optimization practice:
9 best ethical SEO techniques that will surely improve your optimization practice
1- The title tag: It is the very first thing observed by the readers and search engines, so the page title should be a good presenter of your content and subject matter not the part of any keyword stuffing.
2- SEO friendly URLs: A URL must be clean and readable; if possible mention the keyword in a URL but avoid overdoing it. It will also good if you also avoid @*& and other like things in it.
3- Add a sitemap: A sitemap clearly presents summary of all main parts of a website. This facilitates the readers as well as the search engine spiders to find the related links and desired information. In case of a large size website with a huge information covered in it, there can be more than one page presenting the site map and each page should present maximum 70 links.
4- Keyword research: The entire SEO practice is based on research and the formation of a suitable keyword research and this field worth investing an adequate amount of time and efforts to invest.
5- Quality content: If your content is unique, original, relevant and interesting then it is quite capable to attract the visitors’ and search engine’s attention; you don’t need to take the risk of going through the unethical SEO tactics.
6- Write for your readers: Sometimes it is good for writing for your readers first and then for your web crawlers as it will help directly to get the conversations.
7- Include a blog: This will be really supportive to a static website with very limited up-gradation. Here you can add a blog and frequently update the visitors about the industry, business, products, services, website events and many
8- Social media: it is a powerful mean of building links and reputation also. Facebook, Twitter and some other leading sites provide a good platform to find the right people and share the information with them. The regular activeness on these portals will defiantly increase the traffic to your website.
9- A solid link building: This is one of the best ethical technique of improving the site’s reputation and popularity among the visitors that you are will linked with the other websites of the industry. Directory submission is also another considerable option.
In this way, ethical SEO is the set of some straight forwarding seo techniques that will lead to the success in the long term. While the success, reputation, profits and ROI can be achieved with a little bit more hard work and peaceful working, so why taking the risk for just some short term results. if you have any questions regarding this what is ethical SEO and best ethical SEO techniques article in particular or related to what is ethical seo in general then you can ask that in the comment section below.